Friday, April 8, 2011

Annunciation

Yesterday, on Thursday April 7th 2011, we celebrated the Annunciation-- when Mary was told that she would become the mother of Jesus. Why was everyone rejoicing? Because we were going to eat lots of St. Peter's fish!!! After a week of fasting, it wasn't too hard on me but since everyone else had been doing it longer, they had been looking forward to this for a while. It was the first time they'd get to have some animal product since the beginning of Lent. Of course, the fish was delicious, and so were the salads, French fries and bottles of Arak that were quickly consumed (lol). We stuffed ourselves and my stomach definitely felt this gastronomic change, but I sure didn't mind.


There are a few things planned for the next few weeks that will lead to Easter. It includes me attending the Russian Orthodox Easter mass with my uncle (which will start at midnight and last about 8 hours, if I remember correctly), and going to Yafo the Monday following Easter for a big Christian festival. I'm not sure who else will join me/us to the Easter Mass, but I have to somewhat consider what I'll be wearing since I have to wear a skirt that falls below the knees, and I'll also have to cover my hair. There's no rule against nail polish but there is against lipstick... so I was told. I haven't done anything of the sort and since I am very curious, I am excited to see how it all comes together. 

A few visuals: 

Uncooked fish: 




Cooked!!!!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

NatachaP said...

Hello! Thank you, I have just done so :)
Best +

Post a Comment